Every parent is automatically a member of the DHPA, which is organised and managed by a committee of enthusiastic parents. The committee elects a Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer on an annual basis. Other office bearers may be elected as necessary (eg the Ball Committee). All parents are very welcome to attend meetings of the Association, and to join the committee.
- To provide opportunities for both parents and pupils to meet socially and engage in enjoyable and worthwhile activities.
- To raise funds for worthwhile projects to benefit the pupils of the school.
- To raise funds for charity – usually child-related and aligned with the charity appeals of the school.
- To raise money for the School Bursary Fund.
The DHPA Organises
- Several social events throughout the year, including a Christmas Ball, Children’s Christmas Party, Quiz Night, Summer Fun Day.
- Publication of bulletins to keep parents and pupils informed of events , activities and affairs of the DHPA.
- Sales of second-hand uniform.
- Cake sales.
- Refreshments at various school events, such as new parents’ meetings and Sports Day.
There is an AGM in October to consider the formal business of the Association and to recruit new members, but any parent is welcome to join the committee at any time; we are always pleased to see new faces.